To become a member of the CMCA Program, simply fill out the appropriate application
for membership (see DOWNLOAD FORMS section)
and forward, with payment, to the CCNA office in Toronto. Refer to the Membership
Categories below to determine which application form is appropriate. Upon receipt
of the application form, and payment of the CMCA Program annual fee, an instruction
manual will be forwarded to you.
- Regular Community Newspaper Membership
- Publications that qualify for this category are those that hold regular membership
in one of the seven Regional Associations.
- A publication in the “Regular” CMCA program may choose to have
their audit conducted by JMG Enterprises Limited or an independent Public Chartered Accountant.
- Business & Consumer Publications/Associate/Sustaining Membership
- Publications that qualify for this category are:
- Those that hold “Sustaining or Associate Membership” with
either CCNA itself or a Regional Association. A sustaining membership
with CCNA entitles the publication to all regular CCNA services offered
to its membership with the exception of voting rights.
- Vertical publications owned by general members of the Canadian
Community Newspapers Association. This entitles the member to participate
in the Canadian Media Circulation Audit service only.
- A publication subscribed under this category must be audited by JMG Enterprises Limited.
- Business & Consumer Magazine Publication Membership Rates
- Publications that qualify for this category DO NOT have
membership affliciation with CCNA or a regional association
(i.e. not Affiliate, Sustaining or General Member)
- A publication subscribed under this category must be audited by JMG Enterprises Limited
CMCA Annual Membership Fees
- CCNA Community Newspaper Members
- 1st Edition $319.00 + GST = $334.95
- 2nd + Editions $160.00 + GST = $168.00
- 3-Mth. Interim $96.00 + GST = $100.80
- CCNA Sustaining Members, Regional Association Associate Members and Vertical Publications
- 1st Edition $558.00 + GST = $609.00
- 2nd + Editions $290.00 + GST = $304.50
- 3-Mth. Interim $173.00 + GST = $181.65
- CCNA Non-Member Business & Consumer Publications
- Each Edition $1065.00 + GST = $1,118.25
Please note: Membership fees do not include auditing fees.
Auditing fees are NOT due until after your application has been processed.
When applying, send only membership fees, payable to "CCNA". For
your reference, please refer to the CMCA AUDIT
FEES section on the ABOUT page for the audtiing fees charged by JMG Enterprises Limited
for auditing services. To learn more about JMG Enterprises, please refer to the
CMCA AUDITOR section of the ABOUT page.